The Birmingham-Hoover Metropolitan Area has one of the worst public transit systems for its size of any in America.
Our depleted dysfunctional transit system is the results of:
- Alabama’s racists and classist 1901 constitution that prevents gasoline tax revenue from being spent on public transit;
- The road builder lobby that blocks state funding for public transit;
- A divided Jefferson County State Legislative Delegation that will not support legislation to fund public transit;
- Municipal and County Governments that will not pay for public transit services;
- And a general public that is blind to the benefits public transit provides for all our residents.
Change Is Possible!