The “Birmingham Transit Trail of Tears” document from 2014 is a compilation of ideas, interviews and research from the following:
- Former Representative, Alabama House of Representatives, George Perdue
- Former Editorial Writer for the Birmingham News, Eddie Lard
- Bus Rider and long time letter-writer and blogger, Butch Ferrell
- Public Relations Professional and longtime bus advocate, John Wright, Jr.
- Transportation Chair for the League of Women Voters, Nancy Ekberg
- Regional Planning Commission Deputy Director of Planning, Darrell Howard
- MAX Executive Director, Ann Dawson-August